Managing your NAB Traveller Card online
Update: The NAB Traveller Card customer website was updated on 18 April 2013. This made navigation easier and provided access for Mac®, and most Apple and Android smart devices.
Because of this, the below article is outdated. For the most up-to-date information, refer to Using the NAB Traveller Card online service tool
Managing your travel card online can make international travel a lot easier. Your NAB Traveller Card has its own online management tool that you’ll need to register for, and learn your way around. Here’s a quick introduction to the online service, called “My Account”.
Find “My Account” through nab.com.au/travelcard
- Open nab.com.au/travelcard
- Near the top of this page find the link to “Login or register at My Account”. This opens the NAB Traveller Card customer website.
- In the customer website, click “My Account”.
You’ll need your 16-digit card number to login or register. It’s on the front of your NAB Traveller Card. (You don’t need to register your secondary card.)
If you’re registering, you’ll need to choose a password. Your password should include lowercase and capital letters, as well as digits.
Can’t login? Other ways to manage your card
There are phone numbers you can call from all over the world listed in the NAB Traveller Card customer website. The Australian number is 1800 098 231.
For help you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main menu
The menu is on the left of screen. We’ll look at each of the options in detail below, but briefly:
- Home shows you the balance of each currency on your card. You can also see details about reloads of each currency as well.
- Move Money lets you change your money from one currency to another. You can move in any direction between any of the ten currencies that the card supports. You’ll see the rates and fees (if any) that apply before you confirm any currency exchanges.
- Your Details are how we’ll get in touch with you if we need to. It’s a great help to us if you keep them up to date while you travel around the world.
- All Transactions includes every purchase, withdrawal, reload and fee on your card. You can sort your transactions in different ways to see how you’re tracking against your budget.
- Default Currency lets you change the currency that your BPAY® loads will will go on to your card as. You can read more about when and why you might change your default currency in our post Making the most of your NAB Traveller Card.
Check how much money you have
The first screen you see when you login shows you how much of each currency you have on your NAB Traveller Card.
See where your money has gone
On the left of screen, click All Transactions to see your card’s history.
Click the row headers to sort your transactions – for example by date, currency or amount.
Move money between currencies
On the left of screen, click Move money to convert funds on your card from one currency to another.
Select the currency to convert from, then the currency to convert to. Enter the amount, and click Submit. You can submit a number of different conversions, then click Get quote to see the rate for each exchange.
You‘ll see the rate and final amount for each currency transfer before you click Confirm or Cancel.
Change your “default currency” for BPAY® reloads
Any time you use BPAYto reload your card your funds will come through as Australian dollars (AUD), unless you’ve changed your default currency.
To change this, choose Default Currency from the menu. You can choose any of the currencies that your Traveller Card supports.
Remember that all your BPAY reloads will be converted into whichever currency is your default when the payment comes through to your card. The BPAY system can take a few days to process payments, so check that all your recent reloads have come through before you change your default currency.
Keep your contact details up to date
It’s important that we can contact you if we need to while you’re away. We know that while you’re travelling, the best phone number or email address for you can change along with your physical address. It’s easy to keep us up to date, though.
Click Your Details to the left of screen and you can update your contact details no matter where you are.
® BPAY is a trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
® Mac is a registered trademark of Apple.
Would you like to share your NAB Traveller Card experiences? Leave a comment or tip below.
If you have a question about a product or service, please contact us. This includes enquiries you might have about your current NAB products.
Skip to topic
- All (141)
- Internet Banking (52)
- Credit cards (37)
- Before you borrow (26)
- Home loans (25)
- New to NAB (18)
- Everyday accounts (17)
- how to (17)
- Day to day banking (16)
- Savings account (13)
- Personal loans (11)
- Big purchases (10)
- International Payments (9)
- Budgeting (8)
- Travel (6)
- Understanding banking (6)
- Banking online (6)
- Tax (5)
- Debit cards (4)
- Investing (4)
- Saving strategies (4)
- NAB Traveller Card (3)
- Foreign exchange (2)
- ATM (2)
- EOFY (2)
- mobile (2)
- Insurance (2)
- Real life (2)
- Financial advice (1)
- Managed funds (1)
- Term deposits (1)
- feature (1)
- Videos (1)
- Kochie's Business Builders (1)
- SMSF (1)
- Retirement (1)
- security (1)
- telephone banking (1)
- Property investment (1)